Wednesday, July 8, 2009

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

it's been four years since i stepped into HELP.-the awkward phase of entering a whole new chapter in your life in a new institution in a new town with complete strangers! (gombakland-ers wud knw coz we are basically in our comfort zone all thruout school with fwenz)...i even had thoughts of stoppin coz i thought i was too 'kampung' to fit into the whole college culture. anyhow, days turned into months, months to years and after 4 years, i look back and am glad that i stayed on. A degree in psych, friends from all over, many many memories-some painful, some sweet, and gazzilions were.... hillarious!!
i went in as a girl with tonnes of insecurities as a person and in others n i now leave with my head up high with certainty about who i am, what i'm made of, my values and of coz the people that helped me go thru this self-discovery process and who have been a big source of inspiration and help...then and now.
this post is dedicated to the main cast who have held prominent roles in my life and have been, my support system in good and bad times these past years. in no particular order:


*YUVanI Sidhu*
My first and longest fwen in college; since orientation day in Foundation. followed me on my first sorta-kinda- date out; tho she din lik the guy. loved sungai wang and times square with me and my first shopping kaki; she always questions n questions n questions and i have to say had a very..."interesting" way of perceiving things. nevertheless, it helped me think out of the shell and question what i had held on as universal truths. she also was there on my first clubbin session and told me that everything is gonna be ok. hugs for always texting me even tho i don't text back as often. i DO appreciate it :)


*Michelle Renu Singh*
The person i can be myself most with. has always been there if i need to talk to someone whether its somethin serious or just to let off some steam. never judging me and always being my teman in so many things that its hard to keep track of everythin. does my make-up for me wen we're going out, always watches out for not only me but everyone else and my go-to person in every imaginable situation. she's so comfortable with being herself that i started feelin comfortable with myself too. the thing is, i always thot that being quiet n introverted was bad and i shud change and she proved me wrong..gladly. Hugs for always being my rock on land and even in the deep, wide, blue sabah sea ;)


* Jasbir Kaur*
one of those rare people you hit it off with the moment u talk to them!she is my another temaning partner all thruout degree and has been such great company together with her sisters and brother all these years. she's is responsible for my first clubbing session ;) n has always helped me and stayed by me even at times when i felt abandoned by everyone else. a day out with her is definitely filled with lauffs and giggles about things that basically dusnt make sense to anyone and not even to us, but we'll still lauff our heads out first and secondly at ourselves for being silly! she reinforced the family values in me which i dont find in many people out there. hugs for always having my back.


*Ann Nicole Nunis*
the life of a party, and someone you go out with if all u wanna do is sit back and chillax. got to say the road was not always smooth for us but we're made it for four years and i daresay many more years to come. introduced me to the art of online shopping tho she has to take the cake as the online shopping queen of all times. ann is a huge contributor to all our outings as she brings kelini (her car) that has angkuted all of us to so many different places al these years. the only euro-asian person i knw and prolly will only knw that can understand and even attempts to speak in tamil and watches tamil movies, and goes gaga over indian actors! an avid animal lover and always trying to show me the cuteness of cats which i still DONT see :p hugs for always planning trips that have turned out to be memorable for all of us.


* KohilaH Sivasamy*
the most outspoken and straight-forward of the lot! thanks for making me see that it's ok to speak ur mind and be honest about wht u want n dont. my dancing partner in the short-term contemporary lessons and also in performing in sarees :)i was always getting mistaken for being her during foundation and its a compliment coz the women is a hottie :)she's always striked me as being strong and levelheaded; two terms that i don't completey identify with which i knw is crucial to me now and in the future. hugs for being yourself all thruout and being true.


* Devanand Raj*
the clown! he comes up with so many craetive names for ann that more often than not annoys her and their antics are so funny that u cant help but l.o.l! has been accepted as one of our GFS!!!! and knows boutgirls-stuff as much as us coz....well he din have a choice, we made him listen :p hugs for always making really good jokes and making us lauff.

...these six were the major reason i survived college and had lotsa fun while at it. while our lives take us on different paths, our memories together wud be etched forever on....well, FAcebook for one :p and in my heart and mind :)

here's a long over-due

THANK YOU! =)

No comments: