Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Guarantee for life?

*for the umpteenth time*
I love my job. talking to people and making them see the tough-stuff that makes up their core gives me immense satisfaction. It truly does!

But...,
It is also very depressing at times.

At the age i am and I'm guessing most of my friends reading this are, we often look at our world through lilac pink (coz i like it better than rose :P) lenses and dream of a lifetime of love, undying loyalty and the ability to look back in our old age and see a family complete with children, grandchildren and by god's grace, great-grand children all happy and healthy.

Then again,

everyday I'm bombarded with people who once had these same dreams as you and i; being subjected to all kinds of heartache that many of us have only read about. There's no guarantee that the guy who seems to be the love of our life now will remain that guy 20 years, 10 years or even 1 year down the road. If its only the relationship that breaks, it's still fine but more often than not, they lose a big part of themselves,who they are, their identity, their faith in life and what it has to offer, and their beliefs. On top of that they have a string of children to tend to, zero bank balance, no shelter or food. and the guy, well he is off marrying someone else or busy building up his life somewhere. *this is the worst of scenarios*

but there's always the possibility *tiniest as ever as it may be* that this can happen to anyone of us. to me.

and that scares me. it really does.

then again life doesn't come with any guarantees does it?

p/s: I sat one seat away from MarinaM at a Bar Council seminar. And IvyJ (my Boss) introduced us; hands and all. I kept a straight-face throughout and after we were seated i was like ZOMG!!! to Di (my colleague) :D

No comments: