Monday, October 12, 2009

first day at work

And so i had my first day at work..woo-hoo!!

guess who's the friend i have waiting for me on my table,

i'm gonna have to think of a name for him..anyone?

The people at work are really friendly and the kinda go-getter women who can inspire and intimidate at the same time. The moment the kids in the shelter saw me they kept going "It's Uma akka under disguise!" And this name I've been hearing since the interview when i was again compared to this Uma person coz of my appearance. I think she's really good and they keep sending her to do all these talk shows with the tamil channels. So naturally Indians generally call in for her. And my luck, she was on leave today, for the whole week act!

Generally, I wouldn't have had to answer calls from clients on my first day, but there were people calling in for Uma and since i was the only other social worker who could speak tamil, I managed to take two calls :))) the thing was, i had to speak to them in tamil!. Now i can speak tamil here and there, but to actually carry a whole conversation in tamil to people who can't speak anything other than tamil? I was freaking out! but i think i managed fine la, for a first timer.

which explains why i was and still am all smiles till now =D

oh and i have this rock star to keep me happy too,

There's somethin so kick-assy feminine about black bags with gold studs while not being overly girly. i like!

My latest stationary addition,

colorful pens! i've always wanted a set, but couldn't afford the pricey Stabilo ones.

3 comments:

Kruba said...

hmmm since this uma character seems to be interesting... y dont u name ur horse there uma????

princesz said...

Uma will b my colleague la, i can't name a horse after her.

Kruba said...

name kruby..... how ok ah???