Thursday, March 29, 2007

Big Deal

I'm doing what I think I was put on this earth to do. And I'm really grateful to have something that I'm passionate about and that I think is profoundly important.
-Marian Wright Edelmen

when ur in school, ur constantly pushed to do the ur very best. n by this wt they really mean is be better than the rest. then u grow up n u realize that u dont have to be better than any1 else, u juz have to be superior over ur former self. Self impovement, growth, yada..yada..yada..

the prob is, when ur bz growing up, and trying to be d best u can be, some inconsiderate, immature, boastful, i'm-suffering-from-episodic-amnesia ppl can really try to lower ur spirits and hurt ur self esteem and make u question ur significance. n d sad part is, they are way older than u and unfortunately have not acquired a decent level of maturity.

Background: in school, dis certain person and me were fwenz, then at crucial years of schooling v were in different classes. and i do not mean to be boastful, but d situation calls for me to remind dis certain person( or rather his/her mom) as to how things were, i certainly did betta than dis person in school exams (generallly), i was true to myself thru-out school, AND i def. did way betta in SPM. and after that i enrolled in psych and he/she went on to do medicine -BIG DEAL!-
btw, i cud haf done medi with my results, i CHOSE not to...i CHOSE, ..CHOSE...u understand??stuff dis into ur head!

1st blow:
i meet this person's mom. she's verrrryyyy proud of her child ( doin medicine laa= KING/QUEEN of d world!!) n in a conversation she told me,..ohh my second child isnt as motivated as my first, she wans to do sumthin EASY lik wat u doin

2nd blow:
dis person's mom meets my mom, n tells her..."ohh u know laa nowdays children, so lazy to study, my second wan oso lik dat, she wans to do sumthin lik ur daughter laa" (hellloooooo...! )

3rd blow:
mrs.mom meets me again, n asks "u seem very relaxed huh? my child(medi) is so stressed, studying and all, my second child, well she's more like u laa..lik to relax and all."

mrs.mom,
FYI i am not doin psych because i'm lazy to study or i coz tink its easy. im doin it because i LOVE it and i'm INTERESTED AND i c d SIGNIFICANCE and most importantly i'm CUT-OUT for it (redirect to the quote) so shoo-off with ur stupid comments. i do not think ur second child is inferior to ur first in anyway juz cause he/she is more relaxed, n i am DEFINITELY NOT inferior to ur medi-child(get dat straight!) . its juz sad that YOU cant accept a person 4 d person they are, and cant look out of ur cocunut shell.if e1's gonna b a doc, then hu's gonna do other things huh?? any course u choose will be hard/easy depending on how much effort u put into it.it has nuthin to do with a person's intellectual capacity, n no one job is less important than the other. i tink u seriously neeeeeed ~mentality counselling~ i'll check wif my lecturers if thrs sumthin lik dat/ u cud jus be d reason they might open up dat division!

ish!! i will never understand hw ppl can be so pathetic as to feel betta bout themselves by puttin others dwn. the very act of u tryin to put me dwn shows me how much ur intimidated by me.

i'm flattered.

p/s: psych is NOT easy!!!

11 comments:

princesz said...

SERIOUSLY,this moms frm gombak need to get better jobs la then boasting about their kids,alwiz comparing la..
"oh my kid ah ..so smart so ...unlike ur kid"
wth!!!!!!
hahahahha com'on la..
well not just gombak mums la MOST INDIAN mums are like that...must be curry or something..well gal,dun give a DAMN la!!do WHAT U LURVE!!!
haiya they think wat ONI SMART PEOPLE DO MEDIC ISSIT??
these ppl who dun well ah ..go to this local college all...nvm la dun wanna kutuk summore!
well princesz,not give a fuk la..
do WHAT YOU WANT!!!!!!!
and earn more MONEY then this lame doctors do anyway!!

Anonymous said...

i'm quite sure i know who u’re talking about. a major hint that i shall divulge is that ‘mrs.mom’ looks like one of those characters from ~the planet of the ape’s~ right~???!?!!?!...n hye, u would be blind to disagree with me~!
worry not about that primate...she quite frankly has no life~!

princesz said...

yealah...hehe sy no more gal, even ppl with arts stream qualifications can do medi -weird edu system- bt mrs.mom's child is smart oso laa and she's doin wt she loves. its jus mrs.mom's mentality that i have a prob with.
hehe,..

princesz said...

hehe...i agree with u bryan..lifeless zombies!
maybe her child cud give her a life transplant! since she is afterall d mother of an Almighty- doctor!*takutnye*

princesz said...

wei babez..lets go shoppin at cat whiskers la..
got 50% sALE!!!

Shamala said...

hey woman!i think i know who..but i'll msg u later to check with u and f.y.i, i HATE PPL LIKE THAT AS WELL!!! unfortunately for me my 'fav' relatives keep asking me to do medic instead of pharmacy.i'm like 'I DON WANT TO!!!!!!!!!' god these ppl simply don get it.and i think other 'moms' whom's children are doing medic have the same mental issue going on.i hate them!!!!

Anonymous said...

i dunno who ur talkin bout
*how come i didn know*
call n update me at once :D

Shamala said...

barathy,SERIOSULY..where HAV u BEEN???who hav u been watching???

princesz said...

hehe...cat whiskers?? count me in!!
do wt u want sham..ignore ppl hu clearly hav nuthin betta to do...ish!!
and arathy u KNOW hu it is...!

princesz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

wth..?? seriously la..dis ppl think wat, do medicine means so great la..
indian ppls mentality all..very very backward i tell u..dats why, we can never come up..
next time, if they say its easy..tell them.."how come u know its easy?? u already got your masters in my field edi is it??