Friday, January 1, 2010

To 2010

1st of Jan 2010. I finally have some time alone in front of the computer away from the prying eyes of managers and family members. As i look back i realize that 2009 has been a pretty eventful year and i personally look forward to 2010 for more such experiences.

So...wrapping up 2009, this is recap of the year and also my wish list for 2010.

Life: The past year witnessed my transition from a student to the employment field. From old friends to new ones, breaking free from old believes and adopting new ones and also experiences that shattered my ego and made me realize that rough patches teach you to appreciate and be thankful for your blessings. In short, I've grown as a person and although I'll still consider myself WIP, I'm happy with the progress so far.
WISH-LIST 2010: To continue growing and learning and living with all my heart and soul.

Friends: I've kept my old friends and also made new ones. My affiliation with WAO has exposed me to a new array of people with similar sentiments and believes about my area of work and it has been really rewarding; feels almost like homecoming. As for the old ones, they'll always be the ones i let my guard down with, the ones i get to LOL and be really stupid and at times blur. ;) To my reaaaaalllllyy old friends, we've survived for more than 10 years, i don't see what'll stop us now.
WISH-LIST: To meet and spend time with friends old and new more often without letting work get in the way.

Family: The number is still the same, the people are older, but still rocking. Always a bundle of support and nerves ( they think TOO much). Thanks for letting me make my own decisions then and now AND more importantly for having faith in them and me. Even when I don't.
WISH LIST: To have more patience and be more appreciative of each and everyone.

Education: After 14 years of hitting the books, I finally graduated with a Bachelors (HON) in Psychology. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Psychology has not only been a field of study but it has molded me into the person I am today. It makes up my believes, my interaction, my observation of others, my philosophy of LIFE etc. Almost a religion. For that i thank my lecturers, tutors, and friends who stuck by me through it all.
WISH-LIST: To expose myself to diverse areas of study and spread the knowledge around.

Work: Definitely a dream come through. For a girl who spoke about equal rights and practically adored WAO, finding a job there after a very memorable and esteem-boosting interview session with the director, president and manager, seriously..what more could i ask for? It's a great stepping stone and I've met victims, survivors, helpers, activists and all sorts of other people that everyday is not like the last. Work has given me an opp to sponge up information from all areas that interest me and has allowed me to make a difference. From counseling victims, public speaking, report writing, to receiving thank you drawings from kids and events; I know I've been blessed.
WISH-LIST: To gain as much experiences has i can before i move on to my Full time Masters Program.

Love: I've learnt that sometimes you just have to switch off your mind and trust your heart and have faith that everything will turn out fine. To all of you that have been tirelessly listening (and teasing me!) thank you for your time. And to YOU, the cause of it all....thanks for being honest and patient. :)
WISH-LIST: To take every day as it comes and Living every minute to its fullest. ;)

Have a great 2010 everyone.

No comments: