Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Roller-CARster

What is it with me and time? I'm rarely late, but on the days when i'm desperately trying to be somewhere on time, that's when i get time-scares!

Yesterday was my first ever interview (yes! i've never worked-for-pay before) so i leave my house at 9-9.15 am to go to teh office in Brickfields. And there is still bloody jam on the road on Jln Kuching and after Jln Duta leading to KL Sentral. GOD! I was praying so hard to be on time, like i've never prayed before. I was having visions of what i would be telling my great-grandchildren (I plan on being around for a long time ((= ); I was late for my first interview; does that paint a picture of a very responsible person?? NO i didn't think so too.

Ok well, it was 9.45 already and the interview is at 10, I still haven't passed KL sentral!!

STRESS!!!!!

Then (sheerly by some miracle) the line started to move and after several hard pumps on the accelerator and a fast bend later i was at the traffic light turning into Brickfields. Red Light. Damn! Time: 9.55

I see a homeless-possibly- mentally-challenged person my side of the road and his crossing the road; whereby he'll be right beside my door. So I, in what i thought was a discreet move had to lock my door, and the guy saw! He started towards me with a threatening finger. I must have looked cool and composed but my Heart rate was so high it would have shot of my head. Green Light. Thank Heavens!

Made two rounds before parking, walked around the car park when there was a short cut and ran into the building. Thank god i had Lift-time to compose myself. Pheww. Time: 10.01, I make my presence known.

Moral of the story:

1) Always lock your car after getting in Not only when you see potentially-dangerous people.

2) KL traffic is a bitch!

3) I always go through emotional roller-coasters before reaching my destination, but I always (till now) arrive on time ;)

1 comment:

*suha* said...

haha..
well..how did the interview go?